A respected advisory firm based in Malta needs an experienced MLRO and Compliance Manager to join their team. As their Group MLRO and Compliance Manager you would be running the AML/CFT and Compliance department. Since this is a senior assignment, you would be reporting directly into the Partners of the firm.
As the “go to” MLRO and Compliance Manager subject matter expert you would be expected to provide and guide the business on a variety of AML/CFT matter an example of what may be expected of you may look like:
• Taking overall responsibility for the day-today management of the AML/CFT function within the Group
• Present reports to: the board of directors of the Group, the respective subsidiaries, the FIAU and MFSA
• Guidance and assistance to the Compliance Officers appointed for Group entities
• Co-ordination of all matters relating to financial crime compliance within the Group (including not only AML/CFT, but also sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption).
• Assessment of financial crime risk at a Group level and at an entity level
• Conducting a de-risking exercise based on the findings of the risk assessment
• Regular monitoring of internal processes to ensure that all procedures are being followed and implemented
Qualifications and Attributes:
• Comes from a AML/CFT background
• A university degree or equivalent qualification in a related field.
• Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.