Successful niche iGaming firm based in is looking for a talented Head of Legal to join their team and advise and protect the company on a variety of legal matters. This is high profile opportunity which not only requires sound legal acumen but gravitas as well.
The Head of Legal build a Legal Team and make sure that the members of the team are doing their up most to ensure that the business is operating law at all times and providing their clients the best legal expertise and advise possible.
The right candidate must possess strong initiative, as well as excellent management and leadership skills and strong business acumen. You should possess knowledge of iGaming law as well and proven experience within M&A. Familiarity with other gaming jurisdictions will be a bonus.
• Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Company’s matters
• Develop and lead internal audit and corporate compliance programs and ensure the day-to-day compliance of the Company
• Oversee delivery of legal services to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities; including gaming regulatory framework, AML matters and EU data protection
• Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant various governmental bodies and regulatory authorities in Malta and across Europe
• Lead regulatory and risk management – including continued awareness of new legislation, regulatory and compliance updates
• Advise the CEO and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues as related to service agreements, frameworks other related agreements
• Participate in the development and growth of the business with anticipatory and proactive advice and initiatives designed to support a variety of commercial goals
• Participate in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team
• Manage a small team of corporate counsel and compliance managers, while still delivering legal services as a fully participating member of the team
• Draft and negotiate a range of contracts with high degree of efficiency, attention to detail and commercially appropriate risk management
Please note I am happy to offer a bespoke service on your behalf.