We are currently looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer based in Malta. As a Senior Lead DevOps engineer, you will play a critical role in designing and developing our client’s Gaming platform, utilizing the latest technologies and techniques to build a robust, reliable, and scalable system. Join their team of talented engineers and work on cutting-edge technologies while making a real impact on the industry. If you’re up for the challenge, we invite you to apply and help us take their platform to the next level.
- Design, develop, and maintain Java-based micro-services
- Develop and maintain frontend components corresponding to the backend APIs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features, as well as work with software architects to improve the performance and scalability of the software
- Write clean, efficient, and well-tested code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks and bugs in the software
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Mentor and guide other developers and architects on the team
Skills & Requirements:
- A determined, focused team player who is able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must be self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude and capable of working under pressure and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with object-oriented programming, with a strong understanding of Java and related technologies (Gradle or Maven, Micronaut / Spring Boot / Quarkus)
- Experience in API Design including REST and GraphQL
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL) as well as proficiency in SQL and Hibernate or JOOQ.
- Familiar with containerised environments using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and/or experience in cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP is considered an asset
- Appreciation of system performance and scalability
- Basic knowledge of frontend technologies (HTML, Typescript, Angular or React) is considered an asset
- Proficient in English
Interested? Get in touch!