I am looking for several Backend Software Developers to join a growing iGaming company in Malta.
The primary aim of this role is the software development lifecycle within the company, including support of all software development projects. This involves playing a key role in the design, construction, installation, testing and maintenance of the software systems using different program languages to deliver high quality projects to ensure the successful execution of the company’s business goals, strategies and aims.
- Work with other software developers to help create a product, expend and update existing programs to suit business requirements.
- Responsibility for producing detail specifications and writing program codes.
- Conduct system analysis, drive Agile development methodologies daily and strive to continuously improve operations, processes and practices
- Work closely with Software Architect and Team Leader in preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications and standards.
- Be a team player and understand your position and importance within the team.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Execute full software development lifecycle, including developing flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code, produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Develop software primarily using Microsoft .NET / C# stack.
- Develop database software and reports using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system, develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Solve all complex and challenging problems.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of proven experience on the same or similar role i.e. in .NET 4.7.2 / .NET Core / C#.
- Strong interest in software design and architecture.
- Fluency with databases such as SQL Server / T-SQL.
- Knowledge of building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with code repositories such as GIT.
- A good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- A BSc Degree in computer programming, computing, information technology, software development and software.
- Experience working with microservices.
- Knowledge of caching techniques.
- Previous work in multicultural or international companies.
- Experience with high-volume / transactional system.
Skills and Abilities
- Motivated to learn new technologies, understand complex business rules and good at problem solving.
- Excellent IT and coding skills coupled with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- Evaluate issues and define solutions with good and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work efficiently, effectively and productively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as a part of a team.
- Ability to manage (not just report) and challenge conventions while producing continuous improvements.
- Excellent attention to details.