One of our exciting clients is looking for a Senior Software Engineer based in Malta.
As a senior software engineer, you will play a critical role in designing and developing the clients’ gaming platform, utilising the latest technologies and techniques to build a robust, reliable, and scalable system.
Join a team of talented engineers and work on cutting-edge technologies while impacting the industry. If you’re up for the challenge, we invite you to apply and help take the platform to the next level.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining Java-based micro-services
- Developing and maintaining frontend components corresponding to the backend APIs
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features, as well as work with software architects to improve the performance and
- scalability of the software
- Writing clean, efficient, and well-tested code
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Identifying and troubleshooting bottlenecks and bugs in the software
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Mentoring and guiding other developers and architects on the team
Skills required to impress:
- A determined, focused team player who is able to
- communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must be self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude and capable of working under pressure and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with object-oriented programming, with a strong understanding of Java and related technologies (Gradle or Maven, Micronaut / Spring Boot / Quarkus)
- Experience in API Design including REST and GraphQL
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL) as well as proficiency in SQL and Hibernate or JOOQ.
- Familiar with containerised environments using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and/or experience in cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP is considered an asset
- Appreciation of system performance and scalability
- Basic knowledge of frontend technologies (HTML, Typescript, Angular or React) is considered an asset
- Proficient in English
Interested? Send in your CV!