As the Technical Architect, you will drive the development team’s technical strategy which includes preparing for the business to be able to scale further into new markets and jurisdictions, whilst also thinking multi-tenant. The ideal candidate will have an established background in developing systems, strong technical ability, strong agile mindset, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment. It is key that you have experience in decoupling of a high-transaction monolith system.
What will you be doing?
• Drive the company’s Technical Strategy which includes preparing for the business to be able to scale into new markets and jurisdictions, whilst also thinking multi-tenant
• Making the Technical Design Decisions that allow us to use/integrate technology choices
• Together with product owners make sure we have relevant NFR’s defined (KPI’s)
• Participation in pre-design work for new initiatives to outline high-level solutions.
• Participation in design reviews to ensure all solutions adhere to established guidelines.
• Identification of refactoring activities needed to address performance, scalability, availability, reliability, and security.
• Producing well-written specifications that document your design decisions and outline the functional and non-functional requirements of technical decisions
• Drive a continuous improvement process with the Development and QA teams – introduce new tools, automation, process improvements – based on real data analysis
• Go into details of technical issues, identify, and resolve the real root cause of the problems
• Establishing guidelines and solutions to address integration patterns — what patterns are available and when to use which pattern.
• Establishing guidelines to address data storage options — what options are available and when to use which option.
• Liaising closely with other architects / team leads to make sure best practices and design patterns are shared and followed across the development teams
Who are you?
• Experience from high transactional systems and decoupling of a monolith is highly important.
• A university degree including the study of data structures, algorithms, and computing fundamentals.
• At least 5 years of experience writing Object-oriented production code for a commercial software company.
• Additional 3+ years as a technical lead, hands-on team-lead or a chief architect working very close to technology
• At least 4 years proven experience in the online gaming industry and experienced in sportsbook and casino business verticals
• Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests and CI/CD pipelines
• Ability to break down complex problems into clear, simplified examples to provide clarity for less technical audiences.
• Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Great relationship builder and negotiator.
• Follow best practices of Agile, Scrum, Kanban processes and principles.
Interested? Get in touch to find out more.